I love opinionated non-PC people. This blog is to vent my opinions on life, the universe and everything. Which is 42 which in gematria is "My Heart" (LBY) according to Rabbi Abulafia. The Divine Heart is the centre of everything.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Haredi Jews in Israel

I just watched this really interesting documentary on the Haredi Jews in Israel. It is titled "Haredi: The Ultra Orthodox Society in Israel". One of the women in it was a daughter of Rav Ovadia Yosef who was responsible for starting a college to give Haredi University level education. It also brings out the problem of Haredi men who don't work or have a trade except for studying Torah. This has created real problems for Haredi and Jewish society. I noticed the last time when I was living in Israel in 2008 that many Haredi had taken up handy man jobs etc on the advice of their Rabbi which seems a good step in the right direction.






No comments: