I love opinionated non-PC people. This blog is to vent my opinions on life, the universe and everything. Which is 42 which in gematria is "My Heart" (LBY) according to Rabbi Abulafia. The Divine Heart is the centre of everything.

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Signs of the Times: Jews, Joseph and Our Lady


 
 According to the private revelations given to the great Italian mystic and servant of God Luisa Piccarreta we entered a new era in September 1889 when for the first time since the Assumption of Our Lady the grace or gift of Living in the Divine Will was restored to earth. Through Luisa as the new born of the Kingdom of the Divine Will the grace became available for all which 2,000 years ago had only been given to the inhabitants of the Holy House of Nazareth. Jesus told Luisa that the Roman Church will give this gift of Living in the Kingdom of the Divine Will to the Jewish people.

According to Blessed Pope Paul VI we should be surveying the signs of the times. "By carefully surveying the signs of the times, we are making every effort to adapt ways and methods to the growing needs of our time and the changing conditions of society..." The promise of a new and divine holiness (as articulated by Pope St John Paul II) given to mankind is part of the signs of our times. "God himself had provided to bring about that “new and divine” holiness with which the Holy Spirit wishes to enrich Christians at the dawn of the third millennium, in order to “make Christ the heart of the world.” Pope Francis following the example of his predecessors stated. "God is not afraid of new things! That is why he is continually surprising us, opening our hearts and guiding us in unexpected ways."

Another sign of our times according to Father Elias Friedman, the founder of the Association of Hebrew Catholics, is the return to Israel in 1948 and Jerusalem in 1967 of Jewish rule, another sign that he saw was the rise in America of the Messianic Jewish movement. Another was the second Vatican Council and Nostra Aetate 4 with a new understanding of Jews and Judaism.  Today there is a ongoing dialogue between Catholics and the Jewish communities as well as dialogue with the Messianic Jewish communities as well as the Helsinki Consultations between the Messianic Jews and the Church Jews. These are all signs of the times.

Another sign of the times is the Charismatic, Eucharistic Adoration, Marian and Josephine movements which are enriching our understanding of the Holy Spirit, the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus, Mary and Joseph. Alongside this is a movement of understanding the Jewish roots of the faith. Yeshua, Miriam and Yosef were devout practicing Jews and today there is a move among many Messianic Jews and even Church Jews to a return to Jewish observance in the life of the Jewish believer in Yeshua. A new move towards the believer having a mystical and intimate union with Yeshua is also part of these signs of the times.

The private revelations to Sister Neuzil in regards to the devotion of Our Lady of America unite the longing for intimate union with obedience to the Torah and its connection to Living or Dwelling in Divine Will.   Our Lady Miriam a devout Jewess told Sister Mary Ephrem Neuzil 

“My poor child, you have suffered much, but do not fear. Take courage, for soon a haven of rest will be given you — not a refuge from suffering and pain, but a nest of solitude for the little white dove, so dear to me and the Heart of my Son. Patience, sweet child! The Will of the Father must be dearer to you than all else. This is the lesson every soul desiring intimate union with my Son must strive to learn.” 
 St Joseph himself a devout Jewish Tzadik (Righteous One) also told her:
It is true, my daughter, that immediately after my conception I was, through the future merits of Jesus and because of my exceptional role of future Virgin-Father, cleansed from the stain of original sin.


I was from that moment confirmed in grace and never had the slightest stain on my soul. This is my unique privilege among men.


My Pure Heart also was from the first moment of existence inflamed with love for God. Immediately, at the moment when my soul was cleansed from original sin, grace was infused into it in such abundance that, excluding my holy spouse, I surpassed the holiness of the highest angel in the angelic choir. My heart suffered with the Hearts of Jesus and Mary. Mine was a silent suffering, for it was my special vocation to hide and shield, as long as God willed, the Virgin Mother and Son from the malice and hatred of men.


The most painful of my sorrows was that I knew beforehand of their passion, yet would not be there to console them. Their future suffering was ever present to me and became my daily cross, so I became, in union with my holy spouse, co-redemptor of the human race. Through compassion for the sufferings of Jesus and Mary I co-operated, as no other, in the salvation of the world.
St Joseph also said:
" ...Mine was perfect obedience to the Divine Will and it was shown and made known to me by the Jewish law and religion. To be careless in this is most displeasing to God and will be severely punished in the next world...".
 Our Lady told Sister Neuzil that: "My holy spouse has an important part to play in bringing peace to the world." This role of St Joseph is very connected according to the renewal of fatherhood and the family and Pope Francis' calling of a special Synod on the family is part of these signs of the times. St Joseph also reveals to Sister Neuzil his role in teaching about Divine Will:

 "The cross, my little one, upon which my heart rests is the cross of the Passion, which was ever present before me, causing me intense suffering. I desire souls to come to my Heart that they may learn true union with the Divine Will. It is enough, my child; I will come again tomorrow. Then I will make known to you how God wishes me to be honored in union with Jesus and Mary to obtain peace among men and nations. Good night, my little one."
Rebbe Nachman of Breslov a devout Hasidic Jewish Tzadik, who died in 1810, proclaims Joseph as the Hidden Tzadik who is the Master of the House (Home) in Likutey Moharan 67. 

"And all this is an aspect of "The Concealment", when the beauty and splendour of the whole world becomes concealed. However there is a Tzaddik who is beauty, splendour and grace of the entire world, and who is symbolised by Joseph, who was "beautiful in form and handsome" (Genesis 39:6), "a beautiful sight, the joy of the entire land" (Psalm 48:3). When the beauty and splendour of this genuine Tzaddik, who is symbolised by Joseph, is revealed in the world by becoming renowned and esteemed, then the eyes of mankind will be opened. And whoever is included in the genuine grace of this Tzaddik, the world's grace and beauty, by following him and surrending his self to become part of this Tzaddik's soul, will have his eyes opened, and he will be able to see... And with this we return to BeREShYT, the beginning, the RoeSh BaYiT, the head and master of the house of the world, namely, the genuine Tzaddik, who is beauty and glory of the world, represented by Joseph, alluded to in the verse, "Joseph is the ruler...he supplies food..." (Genesis 42:6), because he is the RoeSh BaYiT, the master of the house of the world. For he is the one who maintains the Temple and every Jewish house and home...And when the name of this Tzadik, who represents the head of the house, becomes esteemed, the eyes of the Jewish people are opened, as above. So this is the connection of "bereshit' to "l'einei kol Yisrael". Bereshit- this is the master of the house, the Tzaddik, who is the glory of the world, through whom are opened "einei kol Yisael", the eyes of all the Jewish people."

see St Joseph in the Divine Will

2 comments:

lofrasso said...

But isn't the Joseph that Rebbe Nachman speaks about the Joseph of the Old Testament, the father of the 12 tribes, and NOT Joseph the husband of Miriam? Or are the two Josephs, across a millennium, supposed to be one and the same person through some mystical connection I've missed? Or, finally, am I totally mistaken and the Joseph Rebbe Nachman spoke of was, indeed, Saint Joseph of the New Testament? Thanks, Lofrasso

Catholic Jew said...

Dear Iofrasso,

Rebbe Nachman uses the template of the Old testament Joseph to describe a mystical Joseph who is a Hidden Tzadik which is associated with the sefirah of Yesod (foundation)in the Sefirotic array. I also believe |Rebbe Nachman was cryptically referring to St Joseph as I believe he was a secret believer in Yeshua as the Messiah (a Frankist).